The PTP Academy
The PTP Academy is a rigorous, multi-year theatre and social justice leadership program in Upper Manhattan dedicated to the holistic development of immigrant youth and youth of color. We envision the PTP Academy as an artistic laboratory that fosters a deep sense of belonging, a brave space where participants can come as they are and grow in their social-emotional learning as young artists and leaders.
All participants receive a full scholarship.
From Middle School to Graduation: Building Leadership Through Theater
The Academy Core engages 6th–12th graders in a 6-year track to develop leadership and activism skills through ensemble-based theatre-making. These young artists and their families have signed a middle or high school contract, formalizing their commitment. All Academy Core Young Artists are required to take their core theatre-devising course each year and engage in performance opportunities ranging from in-studio performances to producing the annual We the People festival in May.
Life Changing Opportunities
- Arts & Activism Electives
- College and Career Readiness Opportunities
- Excursions to Broadway or Off-Broadway shows
- Summer Lab, a 2-week summer theatre intensive
- Wraparound Services: In partnership with local organizations, young artists can receive priority access to resources and opportunities.